My Favorite Things (so far):
- I love holding him when he's sleeping! He makes this adorable cooing noise as he's breathing and sometimes it sounds a little squeaky. It's adorable! I wish I could record it, but every time my phone goes up to him, he gets camera shy.
- His feet... I'm not sure if this is something all babies do, but Nolan flexes his toes so they're all spread apart and kind of pointing upward when he's on his back. He also takes his legs in and kicks his feet and it's honestly one of my favorite things to watch! His feet are soooo soft... and yes, I kiss them all the time.
- His expressions when he's feeding... I can TOTALLY see his dad in his eyes when he's feeding. It's like this "I'm concentrating" look that they both have.
- When he tries to stay awake. You know what I'm talking about... he's clearly sleepy but he wants to be part of the action so instead of sleeping he just forces his eyes open and blinks a lot until his eyelids get so heavy they just stay closed. I could watch this all day.
- When he looks at me. He doesn't have an expression of love or happiness just yet (although there's an occasional smile that creeps up) but when he's looking at me it's locked eye contact and nothing will break his concentration.
- Cloth diapering. I love it so far! It's not that hard to throw the diapers in the wash and put them on a rack to dry. I like to think I'm saving ~$0.50 a diaper here and eventually they will pay for themselves. I got the BumGenius Freetime and 4.0's.
- The Snugabunny Swing - I'm pretty sure any swing would work, but Nolan really likes it for sleeping in during the day. He can sleep well in his crib at night but once the sun rises he's more likely to sleep in an upright position.
- His activity mat - He's really starting to play with the little dangly toys!
I'm looking forward to the next group of visitors that are coming! We have my SIL/BIL coming this weekend, also we're going to a golf tourney with a lot of my cousins from my Mom's side there. My BFF is coming from Oklahoma next weekend too!
![]() |
| From his newborn session... I'll post some 1 month pictures later :) |

Hi there! What a great photo! My name is Heather and I have a question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com I would greatly appreciate it :-)
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable!!
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable!!
ReplyDelete