I feel really lucky because Nolan is just such a GOOD baby. He only cries when he needs something - so far I don't notice any colic or fussiness. He's also gaining weight really well! At his 2 week appointment he was 1 pound over his birth weight. His pediatrician wanted to give me a high five!
I'm pretty proud of how well breastfeeding is going too. The only thing is that I'm using a nipple shield because when Nolan was first born, his latch wasn't right and it left me with SCABBY NIPS! Admittedly, I was supposed to start to try and wean from the shield when my nips healed but Nolan already got used to the feel of the shield and since then it's been pretty difficult to get him to latch without it. Honestly though, I'm not really worried about it. If I have to use a nipple shield, so be it. It's not the most convenient but I'm ok with making it work.
Another "confession" is that we are using a pacifier. I have no issues with this, but I know a lot of people don't like the idea of false nipples to give to the baby, but I'm already giving him a nipple shield so... it doesn't really matter that much does it?
Nolan is feeding about every 2-3 hours, and sleeps anywhere from 2-3.5 hours. My husband is taking one feeding a night to give me some rest.
| I LOVE his feet!!! |
| Sleeping in the swing. |
| Playing on his mat (staring into space actually...) |
WHERE is the time going?! And yes, Time Sucker is quite the appropriate term, but HOW CUTE a time sucker?? =)
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Was thinking about you! Avery turned one month today...it really does go fast!
ReplyDelete