Monday, January 9, 2012

Dreaming...

Today is my birthday, so it only seems fitting that over night I dreamed about having a baby. 

The funny thing about this dream is that it's one that's semi-recurring.  I typically have a dream where I've been pregnant for a long time, like since I was 17 or so, and just now having the baby.  Or I've had dreams where I've had a baby before and gave it up for adoption so this baby that I currently have wasn't my first.  Weird right? 

Ok, so the details here are that I had the baby and I was only about 24 weeks pregnant so the baby was really little but still healthy.  My mom asked if it was a boy or girl... it was a little boy. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaand those are the only details that I remember at this point. 

But thing is when you wake up from having a dream like that it's just damn near impossible to feel like you're missing something.  I definitely can't wait to officially start trying because I'm getting rather sick of the wonder.  The worst part though is ahead... the trying and the likely "failing".  I don't expect to get pregnant right away but I just hope that I do. 

In fact (since this blog is a secret as I write this) my birthday wish was to be pregnant before the end of the year.  So hopefully that comes true.  We'll see though. 

The countdown says that I'm 6 weeks away from being able to try!  (Quick explanation is that FMLA only works if you've been at a company for a year and worked X amount of hours... I don't want to not get to take maternity leave because of some technicality.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.