Inevitably when one is actually trying to become pregnant, one also must understand that it's not as easy as teenagers make it look. Ever since I was... in middle school (!?) I figured all a boy has to do is look at you funny and you'd get pregnant. And believe me, it was gonna happen if you didn't choose to use some method of birth control.
Growing up I realized from the experience of others it's really not that easy. There's temperatures to take, calendars to update, sticks to pee on, and other garbage that you have to use in order to mindfully get pregnant.
This weekend I ordered from Amazon.com some early pregnancy test strips and ovulation test strips. I bought the most generic form available because, even though I don't consider myself cheap, THOSE THINGS ARE EXPENSIVE! The ones I found online, from what I understand, are a little bit trickier to use, but you can't beat the price! I paid $5 for 25 of them... fwew.
I AM SMART.
The biggest fear I have, is that I'll find out the hard way that I'm not meant to physically carry my own babies. I am open to adoption, or maybe getting a surrogate (although that doesn't seem like the best option for some reason). Before I got married, I expressed this concern of not being able to have my own kids with my husband. I made him promise me that if I can't that he'd be ok with adoption. I believe he was serious with this promise, but I know it would be heartbreaking to not be able to do this on our own.
Luckily, I'm in good health and have been taking prenatals now for over a month and eating right. Also I've been exercising regularly which I know should help me a ton with this.
But until I get that positive pregnancy test result... I'm going to probably be freaking crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.