Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I'm Pregnant!

Ok - so the title is obviously positive but the reality is kind of scary... I may be going through what's called a Chemical Pregnancy, meaning that while I am technically pregnant - it may not be viable.

The being said, I totally POAS this morning and the line was much darker than yesterday!!

Ho.Ly. Shit!

What if this isn't just chemical, what if it's the real thing?

Well I'm taking a pregnancy test every day just to compare which according to the message boards is kind of a no-no for some reason.  I just want to see that line get darker.

It feels so weird to be typing this, like it's not really me saying "I'm pregnant" but OMG.  I don't feel any different, no soreness, no nausea, except that I've been kind of feverish the past 2 days.  I actually stayed home from work yesterday to get tested for strep throat.  Luckily it came back negative but I had blood drawn to determine if I'm pregnant or not, the results came back and my HCG was at 28 which is higher than the normal 0-10 that non-preggos have.  The HCG has to double every 2 days or so, and my doc wanted me to come in tomorrow to get tested but I can't because I'm leaving for Seattle...

So now I have to wait until Monday.

But in the meantime, I plan on taking my clearblue digital test tomorrow morning with the thought that if my numbers have doubled since yesterday that I should read a positive on this test.

I kinda feel nauseous but really it's only because I'm so nervous!

Also - I realized that I can't drink while i'm in Seattle (unless this is a chemical pregnancy and I get my period or something which will obviously mean this isn't a viable pregnancy) but until then, it's no coffee/caffeine, no alcohol etc.  Just safe and boring weekend with my brother who, it just so happens, gets free beer from his new job now.

UGHHHH so I'm gonna lie and tell him that I am on antibiotics... unless that digital test reads PREGNANT... in which case I completely plan on telling him and swearing him to secrecy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.