Yes, Ms. Jessica Spano is being channeled. I am feeling fear and excitement all at the same time.
I'm scared for a few reasons, mostly that my body won't allow for me to get pregnant when I want to... I have been taking my basal body temperature for a few weeks now and I should ovulated by this point. My temperature has remained steady. About 96.63 tend to be the most common temp, down to the hundredth of a decimal. Last month, my highest was 97.90 right before AF arrived. Dear God - please don't let my brother ever read this.
Of course, per the recent blog post, I am not officially trying this month and I'm giving my life a break before I officially start trying next month. But some exciting things happened in the office yesterday and I learned about some really fun 5ks that I can participate in. I know that sounds silly but one of them was one I could never ever pass up. The Run For Your Lives 5k, a race where you're being chased by zombies. I couldn't believe it. It's like my life has came to this point and it was almost a sign that I shouldn't try until after this race... but it's in August...
I can't wait that long but at the same time I've decided that I can't put my life on hold while trying to have a baby. If I find out I'm pregnant before this run then I'll certainly talk to my doctor and see if it's something that she thinks I'm ok doing the race. I've also signed up for a warrior dash, which I'm excited for, but not nearly as much as I am for this zombie 5k.
Back to baby though, I have checked out a book at the library, What To Expect Before You're Expecting. I can never remember the name so I always think it's called "what to expect when you're expecting to expect". I've started reading it and so far it's kind of what I expected (yup, I said expected again). It's basically filled with all the info that you could possibly want to learn about baby making, but it makes it seem so complicated. Men should eat foods high in zinc or whatever mineral to ensure healthy sperm and women should avoid mercury for whatever reason. It's really complicated and I'm afraid that reading into all that nitty gritty isn't for me... but it's nice to have the resource on hand so I renewed the book for another 3 weeks yesterday.
I have spilled the beans to more friends recently that I'm going to start trying. This friend just had a baby and I got to meet the little 10 month old boy. So cute! So hard not to want a little wiggly worm of my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.