But why the freaking crap does my life have to change suddenly but he gets 9 months to get used to it? No wait, my life changes the second we decide to try. In effort to get pregnant, I monitor my basal body temperature, cut out caffeine, alcohol, fish etc, pee on thousands of sticks, swallow 3 giant prenatal
I have a hard time getting him to take his daily multi-vitamin.
My life is changed right now... like right f*cking now. I have to be super guilty for going out with a friend and lying about how I don't want to drink for xyz reason. My husband? Well he can stay out til 4:00 in the morning doing cocaine off of a strippers stomach while smoking crack - this hasn't actually happened but he really could if he wanted to. Ugh... I'm glad he doesn't want to.
Realistically, he can grab a beer or 12 with friends on a Friday night and call my phone to pick him up at 1:30am because he knows I'm not drinking.
I just feel like this is the short end of the stick.
Luckily he hasn't gotten in my way of spending a fortune on ovulation test strips, a recently purchased ovulation predictor that looks at saliva, pregnancy tests etc. He's a reserved spender (read: cheap) and therefore I am a little shocked that last week when I came home with a $35 box of ovulation predictors he didn't seem to mumble OR jumble.
Thank goodness he wants a baby as much as me. It would be incredibly sad to be in a relationship with someone who isn't on the same page as me. I think he'll be a good dad. I think he's not going to drink, at least not in excess while I am pregnant. I think he's going to rub my back and feet. I think he's going to put up little resistance when I fight for no particular reason other than hormone swings. At least I hope so! I think he'll rub my belly and talk to the little baby growing inside of me. I think I'm going to enjoy being pregnant when that day comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.