![]() |
| If you understand the reference, we're best friends. |
But yeah, I am still scared of what could happen. I won't feel completely "safe" until he's in my arms, and then I'll have a whole new fear of trying to not only keep this child alive, but to become a well respected member of society.
And all I can think of are Kevin Smith quotes...
In reality though, I am kind of freaking out yet excited.
- I've hardly touched my hospital bag - this is one of those things I thought I'd be on top of at like 22 weeks...
- We HAVE put in the car seat in DH's car #winning. I figured he's going to be driving me to the hospital and he better be driving me home while I'm in the back seat going "omg, he just did the cutest thing!"
- The house is in relatively good order, I just want to keep it clean for when we come home. The problem areas are the kitchen and the basement where we watch TV. And obviously the bedroom where my work clothes fly off me at the end of the day when I'm searching for the most comfortable, loose clothing I can find.
- We have pretty much everything we need at this time. I think the biggest things will be buying for me for after baby. I'll need nursing bras and tanks and for some reason this college town doesn't cater to pregnant mothers... *eyeroll* (quick story, went to Target this weekend and all the nursing tanks they had were XL or larger... Bras were fugly but I bought 2 of em)
Question: What are you putting in your hospital bag that isn't on most recommended lists?
| Sorry the shirt isn't more form fitting! THIRTY-SEVEN WEEKS! |

Yup - that's me after work, my room is growing clothes-mountain-ranges... =) 37WEEKS OMFG!!
ReplyDelete37 WEEKS!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO! So happy for you. Great milestone. I had to order my target tanks online cause they didn't have the right size at the store. Worth it. OMG their nursing tanks (specifically the GillianO'Malley) are the best thing ever. I wrote this blogpost about hospital packing lists and several bloggers made comments about other things they recommended. Hope this helps!
ReplyDeletehttp://akgriswoldfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/hospital-bags.html
37 weeeeeks!!!! Ahhhh!! I ended up ordering bras and tanks online too. They should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I like them and won't have to send them back.
ReplyDeleteFull term! Woohoo!
ReplyDeleteI packed a pair of flip flops. I know that they clean the showers because they have to, but the thought of stepping into the shower barefoot skeeved me out. (It did in college, too.) It's just a cheap pair of foam Wal-mart ones, but I know I'll feel better about taking a shower with them on.