As I've grown older, my responsibilities have grown and therefore needing more crap to lug around with me. So that now includes my keys, cell phone, and a big ass wallet that holds the 50 thousand membership cards to the places I belong but I only go to like once every 4 years.
Well, I need to tell you the tale of the tragic demise of my cheap Old Navy satchel.
To really make sure you understand, I have to explain how my OBGYN office works. Contrary to what MOST people do - I have to provide a urine sample from the morning. I think it's because they don't want what you ate for lunch affecting the outcome of the test where they check for sugar and protein in your urine (signs of pre-eclampsia I believe?). Well I always forget, and have to remind myself to collect this sample prior to my appointment.
I am not one to walk around proudly with a small container of my urine. So I tend to hide it... in my satchel... wrapped up with plenty of paper towels mind you.
Can you see where this is going?
Welp. Regardless of my careful transfer of urine from the bathroom to my car, the container - which I was lead to believe to be watertight! - leaked... in my purse... I mean SATCHEL!
FWIW - there was relatively little "specimen" in the container to begin with. Less than a centimeter in height, and the little container is really not much more than an inch wide. Fun mental image: don't you think this is an easy thing to pee into when your belly obstructs all vision?
So on Friday after my appointment, the hubs and I went to Target where I bought myself a bonafide grown up purse. And brand new wallet. And carefully dug though the contents of my late satchel and bid adieu.
![]() |
| My dearly departed satchel |


Oh no!!! That is so awful! I am so so sorry about the death of your satchel!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new grown up purse, LOL!
ReplyDeleteAw, RIP satchel! I am also a 'grab your wallet and keys and go' type of person, but I have to bring in a FMU sample, too and always put it in a ziploc and then into my big girl purse just for that appointment. Bryan was making fun of the bag when I whipped it out at the last appointment - I want to tell him about this now!
ReplyDeleteA plastic bag!? DUH! I will definitely be doing this on Monday!
DeleteCongrats on a grown up purse, but I'm sorry you lost your satchel and your pee. That cup is tiny!
ReplyDeletelmao - oh no... RIP satchel!
ReplyDelete