So what's happened since I last blogged?
Yesterday, I had a growth ultrasound. Remember a few days back when I was panicking because my fundal height wasn't measuring up? Well yeah, yesterday morning was my appointment.
My husband, who never gets to make it to these appointments, took the day off of work so that he could be there for the ultrasound. Everything looked perfect! Our little baby is measuring 7 pounds 9 ounces and has 22cm of amniotic fluid. For reference, they said about 24-25 is the highest you want and they get a little worried when you're down in the single digits as far as fluid goes. I thank my camelbak waterbottle for always being there for me when I'm thirsty :)
While in the appointment, I had my husband snap a picture of one of the most terrifying things in the exam room.
| This is a dilation example. The big'en is 10 cms people!!! |
So yeah, Friday night after work, I'm starting to feel some pain in my lower abdomen. Honestly, I kinda thought "this is it" with the extreme tightness/pain that was coming on. Nothing that I couldn't handle, but I figured that they would keep getting worse. The pain came and went throughout the night. I decided that it's possible that the pain wasn't from the onset of childbirth but possibly from gas. And I have to assume that's what it was because the next day there was nothing to write home about.
Le sigh.
But moving right along, here's a picture of me from yesterday at 38w5d!
I should add this last little bit for the record. Yesterday I held a baby that weighs 7 pounds 11 ounces. One on the outside! YIPES.
As I was holding him I realized I have no idea what the EFF I'm doing and am now officially terrified. But still excited!
As terrifying as is it, you will fall into it and have natural instincts on what to do. Not saying there won't be moments where you are tired and emotionally drained, but you will be a great mom!
ReplyDelete(DITTO on the 10cm scare - I saw exactly what 10cm was last week - HOLY OMFG!)
ReplyDeleteI CAN'T WAIT TO MEET BABY WEASE!!!!
8 days!!! Eeeek! I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing either and am very nervous/scared/excited. We will figure it out tho!
ReplyDeleteIsn't the 2ww thing cray-cray!!!?!?!? I have all the same feelings as you. When we thought last week was go time I panicked a little in the car thinking...."am I ready for labor!?!?" Sometimes I wish I could skip the whole birthing process and just have these babies in my arms.
ReplyDelete