Friday, July 5, 2013

Five

Funny story. I thought my water broke on Wednesday... turns out I just peed myself a little bit. I'm embarrassed to elaborate more...

But anyways, I'm at work on the Friday after a holiday. It's a super bittersweet day for me. Pretty much right when we figured out our due date my friends let us know that their wedding was going to be today. I am SO bummed to be missing it... honestly I wish I could be there especially because at this point I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever.

I knew going into this that it wouldn't be wise to go on such a long drive away from home so I told them that I couldn't come.

Thank goodness for texting/picture messaging because I'm getting messages from the bridge/groom today as well as some friends. I'm really interested in seeing a picture of my friend in her wedding dress!

39 Weeks




I have 5 days to go now. More or less. Probably more though.

Yesterday my neighbor hosted a 4th of July pancake breakfast which was awesome! There were so many people there that I didn't know - I wasn't sure if they were other neighbors or not. But people asked me how far along I was and such and I told them that I had 6 days to go. Jaws dropped... They were like "oh I thought you had at least a month left!"

I'm not sure what to make of this. Is it a compliment that I don't look "that" pregnant with only single digits remaining? Or is it a slight at my appearance, like maybe I'm so big anyways that the bump barely makes a difference in my appearance.

Oh, and they also made me self conscious that I haven't dropped yet... I thought he kind of had already!! What do I know.

2 comments:

  1. 5 days.... g-damn =)
    Ive gotten the "he's dropped" comments too - Im like, how can you tell?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look phenomenal (although you might not feel it)!
    I get harassed by my MIL about how I am not getting big enough. I never understand why people feel the need to comment one way or another to pregnant women.
    I definitely think he's moving down, but I can never tell! Lol
    Count down is on!!

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.