Yesterday, I emailed my doctor's office and wrote them a long overdue email regarding one particular nurse who helped me immensely after my miscarriage. She was just so caring and, I remember how she hugged me and helped me feel like it was ok to cry and that, even though I know she's probably had to "deal" with someone who's suffered a loss on a regular basis, she never made me feel like I was just another number, or that my pain wasn't real.
I heard back from my office (which is part of a huge medical center) and they mentioned that they would like to hear more from me and possibly do a video series of miscarriage, pregnancy after loss, and parenting after loss. They asked if I would be willing to be interviewed for these videos!
I told them absolutely! I told them about the online community which helped get me through this - but how even with having an online community it's hard to not feel alone (but you guys helped like you wouldn't believe!!!!) and that I was willing to do whatever it took to help people who had miscarriages in the past.
So they're basically like, "well we'd love to get an interview of you for the 2nd part of the series while you're still pregnant!" and basically that means they want to do the video interview TODAY!
I told them I'd do it.
Anyways, the subject of today's video is Pregnant After Loss. I'm going to jot down my ideas of how being PgAL has affected my mentality for this pregnancy and basically what it's like to BE PgAL.
Since I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants here - what would you tell someone who is PgAL who maybe doesn't have the support of blogging communities or message boards? I just don't want to forget anything that would be important!
Thanks all in advance for your advice!
Hope this went well for you!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like such a great idea!
ReplyDelete