Wednesday, January 30, 2013

17 weeks!



According to The Bump, baby is the size of an onion right now... but since onions aren't my favorite food (to say the least) we're going to go ahead and say baby is the size of an iphone right now!
cry baby iPhone app
But I learned something new today via my Pregnant Chicken email. That the measurements of baby are from head to rump and NOT head to toes... so when they say baby is 5.1 inches this week - that's only from head to it's cute little tushie. They're not counting his/her LEGS in the picture. So as far as I know, baby could be "standing" at 7-8 inches.

This news makes me feel like I've skipped a few weeks in my countdown to xmas or something!

Tomorrow I'm trekking down to a nearby "metropolis" to check out a cloth diapering service. I read that diapers take 500+ years to biodegrade in landfills and that kinda scares me so I'm going to learn more about our options. I have to admit though, the cloth diapers I've seen are super duper cute!

ALSO - and this is perhaps bigger news, I'm checking out a daycare tomorrow! And I have reference to check. I'm a big kid now. What I think appeals to me most about this daycare is LOCATION. It's super close by where I live and that would make things extremely convenient. Other pluses are the website, which I admit is a little out of date, but they showed things that the kids do while at daycare - including FIELD TRIPS to places like the fire station and library.

Any tips on what I should ask the references I got for daycare?

Also, remember to vote whether baby weaslewam is a boy or girl!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that about baby being measured only crown to rump! Omg, our babies are huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. an onion- er i mean iPhone... HOLY COW!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being 17 weeks! And yay for checking out the cloth diapers and daycare, wow that must make it all feel so real!

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.