![]() |
| Something to remind myself! |
I weighed myself the other day - and to my surprise I was only up about 0.6 pounds. That reminded me I needed to STEP IT UP and eat a little more throughout the day.
My food aversions are finally subsiding. Although not completely gone.
Chicken is my new favorite which I used to be disgusted by. That's how I know I'm on the road to the illusive 2nd tri. The time when you're apparently super horny and your skin clears up. I'll let you know when I get either of those two awesome pregnancy side effects.
Today I'm in my 15th week of pregnancy. Holy shit - my baby is 4" long. Please take this time to grab your ruler and look at how big 4" actually is! If you're not near a ruler, but you're obviously near a computer I'll give you some idea of it:
- If your keyboard is standard issue... it's from the corner of the "1" key to the middle of the "6" key. Or almost exactly as long as the top part of the space bar!
- If your hand is as big as mine, it's as long as from the crease of the bottom of your palm to the crease of your middle finger.
- If you have a deck of standard playing cards nearby, it's a 1/2" bigger than that.
- If you keep almonds at your desk for a healthy snack, it's about 4.5 almonds long.
- Or if you follow The Bump's fruit sizes. Baby Weas is the size of an ORANGE!
As baby keeps growing I get more and more excited. And obviously more and more positive.
My gut feeling with this baby is still that it's a boy. I've been getting the "it's a girl" vibe from my family who I think just really want another girl.
The fun part is that we officially have less than a month til the A/S! DH and I are definitely finding out the sex... but the exact manner in which we find out is still TBD because a friend offered to make us a "gender reveal" cake or cupcakes. I think cupcakes are the way to go...
I kind of want to find out while I'm there with the u/s tech and get a good look at the goods and then bring in cupcakes to work as a way of coworkers finding out the sex of our baby.
Is anyone else doing something special for their big reveal? Does anyone else have trouble with the idea of giving an envelope to someone else to make their big reveal? I kinda want to know first!! And I'm a "seeing is believing" kind of girl... I know I'd be paranoid without actually seeing our baby on the u/s screen.


Now I want a cupcake! Congrats on graduating out of regular pants :)
ReplyDeleteOh, btw, I've nominated you for a Leibster, thanks for always being there to support me: http://aftertheworldstops.blogspot.ca/2013/01/being-recognized.html
Your baby is getting so big! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the cupcake idea! I have no clue what we'll do.
Ack! How are you 15 weeks already? Time is flying!
ReplyDeleteJust in case you didn't read, I nominated you for a Leibster: http://aftertheworldstops.blogspot.ca/2013/01/being-recognized.html
4 INCHES?!??!?!?! =) I love this all...
ReplyDeleteI love the almond picture! I actually pictured a tiny baby! cupcake idea is cute :) can't wait to find out! I'm guessing boy! But I hope it's a girl so I can send you some adorable headbands!
ReplyDelete