Monday, January 7, 2013

Telling People Jitters

Is it just a PgAL thing that causes the "telling people jitters"? You know, the jitters you get when your heart starts beating a little harder and faster and you swear you can feel it beating through your chest?

I planned to tell the boss today. But I'm chickening out. 

I've looked up the tips on how to tell your boss... but they don't really add the stipulation of what to do if your boss is a blabbermouth who will tell everyone about your pregnancy. How do I know this? Because he told people about my miscarriage when I asked him not to.

GROAAAAAAAAAAN.

And the same applies towards telling close people to me. I'm eager to tell coworkers but not until after the boss knows. And I certainly can't make it "facebook official" until after I've told everyone that I want to in real life (as we all know, nothing counts unless it's facebook official).

But on a funny note: I had a dream last night that my baby was Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter... you know when he's all weak and dying and like a little baby. Well that was MY baby. Sooooooo yeah. That was weird.
A face only a mother could love...

3 comments:

  1. I have the jitters too. I was going to make it Facebook official on new years day, but chickened out. I postponed it until we find out the sex. Hopefully, I don't chicken out then too. Good luck telling your boss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To bad your boss is a big mouth. It would be nice if they would treat something like a miscarriage or pregnancy announcement made to them confidently, confidential! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck, that sucks that your boss has such a big mouth. Good luck with announcing, whenever you decide to do it! A word of advice - you might want to make a list of who you want to tell. I accidentally forgot to tell an old friend and she found out on FB and was mad at me. It's really easy to lose track of who knows and who doesn't. I hope your jitters go away and you are able to enjoy telling people, I really had fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.