Friday, February 15, 2013

Radio Silence

This morning I drove to work constantly shedding tears to Florence and the Machine's Dog Days Are Over. The meaning of this song is up for debate, but I am taking it to mean that the rough days are behind me. And with a sense of relief and tons of excitement I'm so happy that today is my anatomy scan.

 photo tumblr_m8e7lvh9371rxzwego1_500_zps90fa1a45.gif
The hardest part of this part of this past year has been trying to grieve my loss in May. And I hate to say that it still gets to me and that I still cry when I really think about it all and what was taken from me. A piece of my heart really feels like it's missing.

But now that I'm pregnant again - each day breaking my personal pregnancy length record - I'm overwhelmed. I'm so looking forward to July when I get to meet my little baby for the first time. I still mourn my loss, but I can't change any of that now. And it doesn't change the fact that today is an extremely emotional and exciting day for me.

My appointment is at 1:00 and we're going to go over the organs and development and, if baby is cooperating, we will no longer be team green. I fully anticipate going to Target right after the appointment to buy something ADORABLE for our little one that isn't green. Maybe it'll say "slugger" or maybe it will be an adorable little pink tutu* to show off and start our nursery.

*Oh help me if I have a girl I'm going to go broke buying clothes...

Instead of telling my family via text or phone the sex of their future grandchild/niece/nephew/cousin - I wanted to show them with something fun!

Last week in preparation for THIS DAY (holy crap, it's TODAY!) I went shopping at Target and bought some fun things in both pink and blue and arranged little packages so that when we find out we can go straight to the post office after our appointment and our family can find out as soon as the USPS can deliver.

 photo Boxesandbags_zps6e6a3127.jpg
Boxes and bags of treats ready to go, with addresses and everything on the packages!
 photo box_zps4d7f2a04.jpg
They'll open up to find a pink/blue mix of streamers
 photo Bag_zps52425a38.jpg
To find a bag of either pink or blue treats to share based on the sex of our baby!!

Oh - did I mention there's an extremely lame poem? Yeah, this box has it all (twss).

So my friends, I bid you a short ado until Tuesday when (hopefully) my family will have received their packages.

5 comments:

  1. Look at you with those packages all ready! =) hope baby's got his/her goods on display today, I can't wait to hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaaat???? We don't get to find out until Tuesday?! No FAIR!

    LOL in all honesty, I don't know how you are keeping from calling all your family and telling them. After my a/s I couldn't stop dialing everyone's numbers and spreading the news, I was so excited!

    I'll be stalking you until Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alllllll of this! And I'm guessing you're having a girl. I guessed correctly for kate so I can't wait to see if I'm right about you too!

      Delete
  3. Did you really have to have your appt the friday before a US holiday - No mail on Monday means I have an extra day to wait!! I'm excited!! You are AT YOUR APPOINTMENT right now! 1:00 PM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The suspense is KILLING me!! Ack!

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.