So what's going on - under my left ribcage, right below my braline, is an organ that seems to be popping out of place. As if it's a bubble trying to make room just past my left ribcage. It's soft, and doesn't hurt all the time - but does hurt sometimes.
The bump, or whatever is underneath, tingles when it's not in pain - almost as if it's going numb. So something's not right.
I should say at this point that I'm seeing my general practitioner at the suggestion of my midwife at my 24 week appointment yesterday. So I'll hopefully have an answer and even more hopefully a solution.
Continuing on... yes there is pain involved. The pain kind of corresponds with the daily backaches I've been having that occur around 2-3pm. That pain typically goes away by morning because I can only assume that the pressure is being alleviated while I'm in bed.
The location of the pain is as if an arrow has been shot through me and I feel the pain on the corresponding place on my back. This is, as I said, in addition to my backaches.
Sooooo yeah.
![]() |
| Funny transition gif here... |
My next appointment at 28 weeks is the glucose test... but because I volunteered to do a study - I am actually going to have another glucose test on March 28th. I guess they don't really trust what the doctor's will tell me? So yeah - I'm drinking the flat orange fanta mixture twice JEALOUS? Well you should be a little jealous because I'm getting paid to do this study. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 smackers to wear a little body bugg device and track what I eat in addition to this glucose screening.
Anywhoo. Baby boy is kicking up a storm and that's all I have for an update until maybe later today when I say WTF is wrong with my ribcage/organ displacement.
Update: Doctor came to the conclusion that something is mostly likely irritating my ribcage itself which would explain the pain throughout my back. I was suggested to do yoga/walking like I have been doing and to be in touch in case it gets worse. In that case I'll go to a physical therapist.
This is WAY better than my worst case scenario, in my head I thought my large intestine was popping out and getting pinched and dying!

Ouch! That pain does not sound fun. I hope that the doctor can tell you what it is and find some way to alleviate it, instead of the standard shoulder shrug and "well, that's a part of pregnancy" that I seem to always get!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds absolutely miserable! I hope they can find a way to make you more comfortable. Those darn boys are so ornery!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds awful. I have a similar rib pain but it's mostly spasm-like (and its not constant) so I think it's my abdominal muscles causing the problem. I hope the yoga works for you and the pain eases up.
ReplyDeleteglad to hear an update that everything's looking ok! hope the walking and yoga helps!!
ReplyDelete