Friday, March 29, 2013
Oh Sweet Mother Of Pearl...
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!
So that back pain I've been talking about? Well yeah, it did a number on me yesterday. I went to a lunch n learn thing over the noon hour and I sat down expecting everything would be ok... except the seat I chose was hard as a rock and no back, it was basically like an ottoman or more accurately like a hard coffee table ottoman thing.
My back started to hurt. A lot. Leaning forward, extending backward, sitting upright. Nothing helped.
Seriously, it felt like there was broken glass around my spine. So yeah, super uncomfortable.
I left the lunch n learn early - laid back on my chair kind of hoping to just fall asleep to relax for the rest of lunch but no dice. So I just called up my chiropractor's office and luckily they were able to get me in within 20 minutes.
At the chiro, I'm meeting with a chiropractic assistant and she asks me to rate my pain on that pain scale. I'm super uncomfortable but I hate giving myself anything above a 5 or 6 unless I've been set on fire or I'm missing a limb. But I really had to give her a 4. They laid me down on "The Table". OMG THE TABLE.
Ok, picture this - it's like when you go to Brookstone and they have those massage chairs that when you sit in it after a long day of shopping you're like 85% sure you'll fall asleep in the chair. Well it's like that but you're laying down flat so you're more like 98% sure you're going to fall asleep. The table massages you much like the way those chair massagers do. I guess you might say a wheel rolls up and down your back and up towards your head/neck.
I think they put me on it for 10 minutes.
I got up and already it was like *pop* *POP* *POP!* I could tell that my back was already a little better.
Then I get on the next table, the one where they lower the middle of the table and put a pregnancy pillow underneath my stomach. Ahhh laying on my stomach, I hardly remember ye. My chiro basically rubs my back and uses little chiro gadgets to basically hammer my spine.
Next is the actual alignment which isn't really the most fun, but he basically manipulated my body into random layouts and sort of stretched me until there was a pop or two. And finally the spine alignment. POP POP POP.
And I was done. I walked out of there like a new person.
Anyone else try chiropractic care while pregnant? Thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I just love the pictures you find to go along with your blog posts!! Glad you are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI haven't yet, but I'm about to.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're feeling better.
I've never tried it, before or during pregnancy. I'm really glad it's been helpful for you!
ReplyDelete