Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Gaining and gaining!

Sorry for the hiatus folks - I've just had a super busy week at work and now I'm finally winding down.

Basically today's update is this. I think I've been gaining too much freaking weight and it's starting to freak me out. The first 20 weeks I only gained 9.5 pounds, which is just on track for a healthy weight gain. My midwife told me (do I get a gold star for this?)...

But since that 20 week appointment I've been gaining 2-2.5 pounds a week. From what I've read, this is the time to be gaining 1 pound a week.

Is it bad to be freaking out about this? I feel bad. I don't think I'm overdoing it with food intake although I know I'm not eating the healthiest all the time. I do treat myself to cookies or whatever if they're available - something I didn't normally do pre-pregnancy.

I have a midwife appointment on Monday. I think I need to set up an action plan. Starting with NO cookies/ice cream/chips as a snack. Those are just empty calories and they do nothing for our little baby. I have also bought a prenatal yoga DVD so I can do some exercises and stretches at home while it's still cold out and I can't do much outside. Additionally, I've been walking during work and after work semi-regularly and I need to step that up. I should really be going for 20-30 minute walks daily. These walks have actually significantly helped my mid-back pain and I need to look at this stuff as MEDICINE to keep me healthy.

It's totally not too late, right? I just don't want to blow up during pregnancy!!!!

Also, I'm 23 weeks today! One week from VIABILITY!

Baby boy has been moving around like crazy this morning. Sometimes I stop and literally just wrap my arms around my stomach and choke back tears. I just can't wait to meet this little guy. I wonder if he'll look the way I picture in my head? For instance, I think I had dark hair when I was born so I assume maybe he will too? Of course DH was a little blond baby! So I guess it's a toss up.

I have a little stash of clothes now that I've bought from a consignment store (no way am I paying full price for baby clothes, I just can NOT justify it) and I love holding up the little overalls and onesies and think of him fitting into those clothes eventually... :)


4 comments:

  1. Why do empty calories have to taste so darn good???

    ReplyDelete
  2. the teeny tiny baby clothes are just SO cute!! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on almost viability! I know it made me breathe a little easier getting there.

    The little boy clothes are so cute!

    I hope the exercise and yoga help. Just remember not to deny yourself too much or you'll end up going overboard one day. (I'm so guilty of that.)

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.