Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hospital Tour

Yesterday, the hubs and I went on our first ever tour of the birthing center at our hospital. I was really excited, and honestly quite hopeful that we'd have some real fun group experiences with the other pregnant ladies but I didn't quite get that.

There were 7 total pregnant women, each with her own entourage consisting of husbands, or other children.

Everyone met in an auditorium where we were presented with a slide show which told us stuff we pretty much should have already known prior to our visit, but with added pictures of the birthing rooms which I hadn't seen.

Maybe I'm just a little too hopeful here, but I was KIND OF hoping that this could be a fun "networking" activity between me and the other new moms. I was hoping there would be a "let's go around and tell the story of your baby" thing, telling everyone our due dates/how far along we are, if we know if it's a boy or girl or if we're going to be surprised, where we live... etc.

The way I figure it, most of these women are probably from my town and their kids will likely be in the same grade as my son. It KIND of made sense for us to get to know one another.

That was my wishful thinking anyways because none of that happened. Not even so much as sharing names. So we were herded into elevators as we were shown the cafeteria, the birthing suites, and then sent on our way.

Looking at the positives, the facility is really state of the art. The rooms are designed to labor, deliver, and recover in - so no moving stuff from room to room. Baby gets to be in our room the entire time if we want him to be (I can only see giving me a night of sleep as a reason to not want him in the room). The room has a fold out chair so the hubs has a place to sleep too.

The room looks more hotel room like than hospital room like which I like. It's spacious and has a whirlpool tub (this mama loves her some baths!)

Bump Pic to be posted later today or tomorrow... :)


1 comment:

  1. If you're taking a childbirth class, you will probably get more of the experience you were expecting. Tours are just about checking it out. I'm glad the hospital is so nice. It definitely helps to feel comfortable and even a little pampered.

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.