Thursday, April 4, 2013

"I'm pregnant, so I get to make my own rules"

Definitely said that today when I was walking in and someone pointedly asked me if I knew what the temperature was outside and looked down at my feet.

That's right, I'm in flip flop mode. I'd take a picture but my feet are hideous... To paint you a mental picture, I'm pregnant and haven't had a pedicure all winter. My feet aren't swollen or anything, but I can't see them to even keep track of painting my own nails.

So maybe the comment wasn't more about my sandals, but my lack of polish?

Although I'll have you know that this week I shaved my legs not once... but twice. I'm sorry to report (to my husband mostly) that the end is nigh as it's been getting more and more difficult to shave. What a great way to start the warm months, yes?

Here's my bump pic for the week - another bathroom selfie. Maybe one of these days I'll hire Anne Geddes to capture the true essence of my body. Until then you get this :)

26w1d

Edited to add:
I wanted to mention that I DO know the woman who called me out for wearing sandals. She meant it to be funny and no offense was taken on my part.

4 comments:

  1. Really? Did you know this person? I might be able to understand someone treating you like a five year old if they knew you verses a total stranger (or not).

    Love your beautiful bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, I should have clarified - yes, I do know this woman and it was totally a joking statement. All in good fun. Sorry for the confusion. I'm going to edit the blog to mention that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I attempt to shave my legs weekly but my HUGE varicose veins scare me. They are so gross I have no idea what I'm going to do when it warms up. I will probably swell up like a ballon anyway so I guess I'm screwed either way lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to at least keep up with READING blogs from Texas- you look so FREAKING CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.