Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Accidental Alcohol Ingestion

Went to a wedding this weekend! 'Twas fun!!!!

My husband and SIL were trying to be the resident photographers for the family because (long story short) my husband's aunt recently had a stroke and is in a rehab facility. As a family, everyone decided to honor her spirit by taking as many photos as possible.

Of course this is the only one the hubs got of me...

This... is... PHOTOBOMB!
So the wedding was at a really cool resort/golf course place. Unfortunately, the weekend was SUPER rainy and kind of cold so we had to cover our pasty whiteness under cardigans until we went inside for the reception.

This pregnant lady was HUNGRY by the time dinner started. The staff came around and started offering champagne for the toasts and wine for dinner. The waiter completely skipped over me for both the champagne/wine offerings...


...a huge disappointment considering I promised my husband the champagne that I was served.
 photo adult_zpsada2f1f6.gif
Don't I still get to be OFFERED alcohol?
Even when sitting down and a table mostly obstructing the view of my stomach, there's no getting around it, I must look pregnant!! (Which is secretly super duper freaking awesome)

And of course the first course was a lobster bisque, something most normal people would find a delicious treat whereas, for me, it left something to be desired. And like 15 minutes later a palate cleansing raspberry sorbet is served. I'm starving, didn't eat the bisque, I dig right in...

I take a bite, and the sorbet starts to melt in my mouth and I start to panic. OMFG... this is alcoholic. This is definitely alcoholic. I speak out, "Ummm, this is alcoholic." I say to my husband. I could feel my face turning red in a "what have I done?" sort of way.

My husband, who was drinking whiskey at the time, somehow didn't taste the alcohol and dismissed my concerns. Hmmm. I thought I was maybe crazy. I look around... the kids table was served something different. Some lemony looking concoction.

For someone who hasn't tasted alcohol in ~8 months, it was pretty clear to me that what was just in my mouth was some kind of wine.

A girl (who didn't hear my concern from earlier) at our table looks up straight at me and says, "yeah, this is alcoholic." And that confirmed it. My BIL asked the waiter to bring me a lemony concoction that those kids were eating.

So yeah. After abstaining from alcohol for this long, I accidentally ingested a tiny bite of an alcoholic sorbet which I just confirmed from their website to consist of blackberries and cabernet.

It just makes me wonder why that was ok to serve to me but I wasn't even offered champagne or wine?
 photo coldone_zps1c804c38.gif
Oh well :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay I feel so guilty for laughing, but the way you orchestrated this post is so funny! I could only imagine the look on your face when you knew there was alcohol in the dessert.

    Hope you have great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I died laughing at that photo bomb!

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.