![]() |
| PFFFFFT |
*I hate when I ask myself questions like this because of course there are more frustrating things...
but they don't apply to me right now!*
Right now, I'm sitting at my desk and just feeling a little hopeful and just anxious to get on the baby making train again. In fact, after I wrote yesterday's blog post about not buying a Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor, I went and bought one online. Yup, a USED fertility monitor.
Ok, don't be grossed out by me! I'm less concerned about the impression of buying this thing used than I am about the germs.
Reasons:
-I realized the sticks used are capped on the urine retrieving end before putting them into the monitor for reading.
-I'm not a germophobe, I don't LOVE urine but I doubt they're shipping me little cups of their own pee and if anything it's just trace amounts that I can wipe away.
-COST! The thing brand new is anywhere from $100-140 bucks! Plus the cost of the stupidly expensive sticks (which I found out you don't need to use every day, just like 7 or so a month).
![]() |
| We're gonna need a bigger box of antibiotic wipes. |
So even though I'm on the TTA bench, I feel like I can be proactive and take control. I NEED control. I don't care about controlling people at work like some people in my office, and I don't need to keep my apartment spotless - seriously it's a mess right now, but I do need to control my future. I need to control my fertility!
When you start your TTC journey not even sure you're able to have kids because of undiagnosed PCOS and irregular cycles, you get a little scared of the possibility of it never happening for you. My cycles are so long and they seemed to be getting longer with each passing month. I don't know if this has anything to do with PCOS or if it's just my body getting used to being off of birth control.
Now that I've had a D&C the control is even further from me. I don't know how my cycle will regulate after this miscarriage. I assume I'll see good ol AF in 2 weeks or so. She will be greeted with open freaking arms because she'll be a sign that my body has returned to it's normal state.
Somehow buying gadgets and books (like Taking Charge of Your Fertility, also purchased on ebay for less than $4 - brand new it's over $20) makes me feel like I have some say in my body and my future. If only I could get inside my uterus and point the sperm where to go...


from another bargain hunter & thrift-store frequent shopper, no judgement! and well done on the deals! =)
ReplyDeleteFwew! Glad I'm not alone here :)
ReplyDelete