Friday, June 29, 2012

Charting!

Every morning I have one thing to do. Take my freaking temperature. I have to do this before talking, before drinking anything, basically before even revealing to my body/brain that I am awake because even the slightest shift could be devastating to my accurate basal body thermometer results.

It's a wonder people ever figured out how to be pregnant before BBTs, and POAS or PIAC for your OPK and HPTs. Seriously these acronyms drive me up a wall but I love them at the same time.

Taking my temp in the morning has become somewhat of a problem. My alarm clock is my old phone which I've programed a variety of alarms to wake me and the hubs up in a carefully calculated manner.

6:00am
6:15am
6:30am

Are you awake now?

For some unknown reason, it makes more sense to me to wake up at 6:00 and realize that I have 2 alarms until it's really time to wake up. I wake up at 6:00 and ideally that's when I would be taking my temperature. But I don't wake up at 6:00... I usually wake up before that.

TCOYF (another acronym known by the TTCAL board) is a book that teaches women how to chart their cycles. They made a funny whilst I was reading their birth control options section. Here's the gist:

"Why do women have to be in charge of the majority of birth control options? Men are the ones that are fertile all the time. Men should wake up and put the thermometers in our mouths while we sleep!"

Couldn't agree more.

The hubs groans loudly whenever I wake up and take my temperature. The beeping is "like an alarm clock to him."
So sorry to interrupt

The above GIF would have been perfect if it had the following line written in there too... "So sorry to interrrrrrrupt." That's how I feel whenever I hear the hubs groan.

He is more of the "let nature take it's course" kind of guy. Joking that whenever we're TTC again all it'll take is baby dancing every 2 days. Pffffft... if it were that easy TEENAGERS would get KU... oh wait.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: I wrote this blog today very scatter brained. Something just isn't clicking right in the old noggin' today but I felt like posting.

1 comment:

  1. half the time in the am, I just screw it - it's close enough to yesterday's temp to look nice and linear on my chart. =P

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.