Monday, October 29, 2012

Storms and Candy

I would like to shout out to all of my east coast friends/readers! I hope you're safe and sound. Please keep in touch with us because it's hard not knowing what's going on. But we all hope you're ok!

The hurricane inspired me last night to go to Target and spend over $200 on emergency supplies. If I had any energy I would have laid everything out and made it look pretty. But you've got me: Mrs. Lazypants. I got batteries (all different types), flashlights with radios built in that you wind instead of using batteries, a lamp, glow sticks, hand warmers, ponchos, candles, matches, first aid stuff, and so much else that I can't remember it all right now. You never know when you're going to need them.

So I'm going to come up with a little emergency center in my house that my husband (and future kids) will know to look for to have all the tools they need in case something happens to the house.

I look outside today in the midwest and of course it's clear blue skies and the leaves are brown and just clinging onto the trees. It's getting cold but no one can complain when there's such devastation going on elsewhere.

In OBVIOUS news. Tomorrow is Halloween. Test day! But I'm going to try not to think about that right now, but instead think of how it's our first Halloween in our new house! We are hoping to get a bunch of trick or treaters but being on a cul-du-sac apparently we should expect like 10-15 kids. I guess I'm going to have to double up on the candy I give out (skittles, starburst, AND butterfinger - best house ever amiright?)

I'm really sad that this year I'm not the nearly 8 month pregnant woman dressed up as Juno for Halloween, so instead I'm not dressing up as anything. That's fair, yes? I'm not going anywhere, just answering the door.

Hopefully I'll have good news to share tomorrow! Until then, stay safe and warm everyone :)

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I saw this emergency binder on pinterest once that this lady made it is amazing! I want to do it one day! I am so excited for you for tomorrow! I am praying and have every thing crossed for you!! Happy Halloween! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me sad every year. We live on outskirts of town and beginning of country, and never have any trick or treaters:(

    Hope you get great news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so smart! It makes me really want to get something together like this. I need to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have everything crossed for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope we DONT get alot of trick-or-treaters as we dont have any candy!! Except the year old cinamon discs...

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.