Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Preparing for upcoming (former) EDD

I've heard about it on TTCAL. How the pain and emotion involved in a former Estimated Delivery Date (EDD) can be when you're TTC and still not pregnant.

I've given this a lot of thought. My former EDD was December 5, 2012. In effort to make this day not suck balls by being at work I'm already planning a mental health day (read: I'm calling in sick). I've blocked the day off on my work calendar as a reminder to not schedule any appointments or meetings and instead I plan on spending the day at the spa getting massaged, a facial, and any other procedure I can think of where I don't have to make small talk.

I'm better than  you.
Yes, once again - I'm enacting the "don't talk to me" rule while I'm getting pampered. Yes, I realize this is going to make me sound snooty but I don't give a rats ass.

Also, I kind of laid down the law with the hubs - he planned on going to a basketball game that Friday and I was like ehhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't want to go to a basketball game the weekend of my EDD. So he willingly gave up his plans and we started discussing something that we can do together. I suggested going to a nearby town, getting a hotel, going swimming, etc. I dunno.

What have you done for previous EDDs or what do you plan on doing?

6 comments:

  1. DEAR UNIVERSE, please let me be celebrating the rainbow BFP on my upcoming EDD....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's really smart that you are planning to pamper yourself on the EDD. Unfortunately, I've had three pass and I handled them all differently. I wish I had thought to something special for myself. Enjoy the pampering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! Pamper away!! I also completely agree with the "I want to be left the hell alone" when I am getting pampered!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pampering yourself sounds like an amazing plan! my EDD is Saturday October 13th and it's creeping up way to fast. I am praying and praying and hoping and praying I am celebrating a BFP!! If not I am not sure what I will do, most likely shop like really really shop A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pampering yourself is the way to go. My husband and I also went out to the lake near our house and released a balloon with our baby's name written on it. (I love that there are biodegradable balloons!)

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.