Friday, September 28, 2012

It's the end of the cycle as I know it.... and I feel fine

Weaslewam Fun Fact: I love to memorize song lyrics. The first really "hard" one I memorized was "It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" while I was a camp counselor one summer. Other songs include: Forgot About Dre (and several other Eminem/Dr. Dre raps - yes, this white girl can make rap hilarious), Semi-Charmed Life/Third Eye Blind, Hook/Blues Traveler etc. If you want to be thoroughly annoyed with me - play any of these songs and you'll hear me singing them instead of the artists.

ANYWAYS:

Ok so definitely not pregnant. Temp dropped significantly again and then I saw some bright red today in the bathroom this morning.

Last night I was really upset by the temp drop from yesterday morning. I was bummed that I felt so alone in the pain of the loss and the whole turmoil of just being a woman and having only a 12-24 hour window to hit where the sperm are supposed to meet my egg. And that time is totally random apparently as I have irregular cycles. This morning when my temp dropped further I was just so devastated. I knew it was over. That hope was gone. I actually cried a little.

But then I picked myself back up. There's no use in getting down on myself when I have so many things to be thankful for. I mean, in all seriousness I do. I have a new house, a WONDERFUL husband, a great job which I love, family that I adore, friends that are not only awesome but totally THERE for me when I need it, and I have the 5th season of The Big Bang Theory being shipped from Amazon with expected delivery today.

Silver Linings of a new cycle:
  • The biggest silver lining I can say here is that my body is definitely doing what it's supposed to, albeit not on my time schedule. I'm seeing my BBT rise and fall when it's supposed to so that means that I am ovulating. As far as I know I don't have PCOS like I feared.
  • Obviously I get to drink this weekend. Not only alcohol, but the blessed caffeine that I deprive myself during the majority of my cycle.
  •  I definitely get to have sushi with my husband in the next few weeks if I want it (which I do before I get PG!
 You guys got anything good going on this weekend?

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry this cycle did not work out, but it's great that you found the silver lining in it. :) Sounds like you have good things planned for the weekend - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOO!! :-/ I am glad you have picked your self up and are in good spirits! Mmmm I LOVE sushi!! A weekend full of relaxation while house sitting for my parents is ahead of me and I can not wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're feeling better lady! and we are SO karaoking to REM and Third Eye Blind next time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you're not letting this cycle get you down hun :) My weekend plans include being a nerd. And I wish I could get Sushi when I wanted. Alex won't eat it but I love it so much! It was definitely my post-pg meal after Aaron. A super awesome Dragon Roll!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about this cycle!! Glad to see you are trying (as much as a person can when aunt flow shows) to stay positive. Hugs to you!! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your silver linings, especially the first one - that's good reassurance. And I hope the second and third brought you a little much-needed comfort. I understand how devastating it can be each month to realize that this was not the one where the dream comes true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the negative, but your outlook is great! Hope the weekend was great and you enjoyed a few drinks... I dd!

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.