Tuesday, September 18, 2012

CD 27: It's "O" Time


As part of the fun of knowing what's going on in our bodies, I highly recommend watching the 7 part youtube video of The Great Sperm Race.

Summary of this documentary: It's basically what sperm must do in order to find the egg, only scaled up to human size and showing similar feats that must be accomplished to get to the fallopian tubes. I like to think that's what's going on in my body and that my little egg had thousands of sperm to pick from, but in reality only a handful (read: 10... maybe!) of sperm will actually reach your egg after it passes through so many obstacles.

Personally, I think the whole baby making thing is fascinating. It's incredible that we're on an overpopulated planet when you think about what it really takes to make a baby.

Anyways. It was a great night last night. The hubs and I just watched some TV and it was somehow more romantic thinking that at that very minute I might be ovulating and that our little baby journey may be starting once again. A temp spike (hopefully not a fluke this time) lead me to believe that I O'd yesterday.

I'm so hoping this is it.

I just feel so ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.