It's going to be a low key one. Or at least I'm saying that right now hehe. I think I'm in the Don't Drink During the 2WW camp. I know logically that the Drink Til It's Pink means that I'm not putting my life on hold while TTCAL.
Well - I don't really feel like abstaining from drinking is really that big of a deal. I mean - don't get me wrong, I LOVE wine, beer, and other hard liquors... ahhhh
![]() |
| What I look like... |
Well there's always those challenges. And I'm not an alcoholic so those challenges of not drinking aren't the same as if it were... oh I don't know... me abstaining from ice cream or something! But when you're with your group of friends tailgating before the big game there just isn't a good excuse to not drink. So I'm going to avoid THAT problem next weekend - somehow - hello mission impossible. (That'll make it even harder for me to not test next weekend....)
But I digress. The 2ww is kind of a peaceful place for me. There's hope... much moreso than pre-o times when now I realize that I freak out because my abnormally long cycles make me think that there's something wrong with me up until I O and then all the sudden I'm in this serene place where things are made of rainbows and glitter.
What do you do during the 2WW? Drink til it's pink or are you sober as a... bird? (is that the right animal?)

I'm sober as a bird during the 2WW. I don't drink that much as it is, but during the 2WW I don't drink at all. Have a great low key weekend! Those are always the best.
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome because I was just talking to my mom about it the other day, I am as sober as a bird.. But I do like the "drink till it's pink" motto! We are skipping out on the local Octoberfest event tonight because I am choosing not to drink, it's bitter sweet!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a big drinker anyway, but the 2WW is so stressful that I always want to drink-and then never do because I'm too afraid! Anyway, Hope you have a good cycle. I still haven't ovulated on mine yet (CD 27) and it doesn't seem like I'm going to, so now I'm just ready for the end of it so I can start all over again! Happy ICLW!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a big drinker but I am totally a drink until it's pink lady. I figure one or two beverages won't hurt. I wouldn't go crazy...but once and awhile think a wine or beer is just fine....but once that pink line shows..time to cut off. Wishing you all the best!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your wedding dress is absolutely fabulous!
ReplyDelete