Friday, October 19, 2012

We need to make a new word...

What's the word for a parent who believes they are somehow better than everyone else simply because they are a parent?

It kind of reminds me of some form of racism or superiority complex... There has to be a word for this.

Holierthanthou?

Momperior/Dadperior (Superior)

Parentist?

Well the reason I even ask today is because I got this gem of a status update on my facebook feed yesterday. And you'll notice that I said PARENT and not MOM (because we all know pregnant women are smug) because apparently men can have this too.

Aside from the misuse of your/you're - what else is wrong with this douchebag?
If that were the only time I've ever seen anything like that we could stop there. But my friend at The Buggy List had this special post on her feed too.


I think parentist is a word I'm going to stick with here. And I hope it catches on. Because these are the types of things that parents (not just mother's anymore!) do and say to make you feel like you're less than a human because you haven't had a child yet. That you're incapable of feeling like a real man or that you've never known love.

I call bullshit. And if I had any balls I'd do a call out on facebook.


5 comments:

  1. douche-tastic asshat. Some people really have me wondering about the state of humanity... and its these people procreating!! WTF!
    btw - love "parentist"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a person post something similar to the your not a dad until crap on facebook a few months ago. Of course I am very outspoken and had to share my opinion on it. These things are very hurtful and insensitive to anyone that suffers from not having a child, and that is by choice or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from ICLW! I like parentist. I'm going to start using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People can be so incredibly sensitive... those who've had children easily so rarely think about the fact that it's not so easy for others, or sometimes not even possible for others. I have no patience for letting that kind of negativity and annoyance in my life... that's why there is "hide" and "unfriend" on facebook :)

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.