Thursday, February 23, 2012

Big Decision

Ok - So I've realized that I'm not being very responsible.  Of course I want a baby and am really ready to start trying but the month of March is NOT good as far as being the healthiest TTC'er I can be.  Let's see, March 10th, I'm registered for a 5k/bar crawl, March 17th I'm going on the Hooligans Train Crawl, March 24th I'm traveling to St. Louis - this one really isn't that bad but all that traveling is redic, and finally March 30th I'm going to visit my brother in Seattle.  And I know that's going to be a bonafide $#!+ Show. 

I know there's never a perfect time to start trying for a baby, but this really felt extra not perfect.  I felt like I would be a big lump of coal on a bright sunny month of fun times with friends if I couldn't tell them why I wasn't drinking, or even worse - having a beer and enjoying myself.

So now that it's officially OK to start trying - I guess I've realized that I need to be selfish for one more month.  And I use the word selfish in a positive manner, because after I start trying - there's not going to be time to be selfish anymore.  I'm going to have to turn down time with friends when they're drinking just to try and be as healthy as I can be.

In the meantime though, I've decided to give up listening to anything about baby's on podcasts.  I have to admit that this is a positive decision for me and not as big of a sacrifice.  I think that I've been driving myself crazy listening to podcasts, especially the most recent one that I believe I mentioned about a woman that couldn't conceive through natural or scientific means. 

I look forward to regaining my sanity and having a fresh outlook on my baby making journey.  And not having my mind littered with negativity. 

Also, today I'm going to my 4th acupuncture visit.  Turns out, a woman that works there knows my brother and I'm like REALLY?!  I know she can't tell him why I'm  there, or even that she saw me there (hello big fat lawsuit), but it's kind of super awkward saying "hey, I'm trying to have a baby and my periods are irregular" to someone who knows my brother personally - and she recognized me!  She didn't even see my maiden name to realize it. 

Well, this feels good letting this all out and all.  I'm sure I could keep on writing but at this point I need to take a break and just get busy doing other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.