Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Jersey Thing

I'm still flying high from an amaaaaazing weekend!

Backing up, I should explain. Shortly after my D&C in May - I posted a blog entry for the world to see. The blog can be found on my personal, more open to the public blog found here. At the time, a stranger posted on that very blog which I also shared on TTCAL - a board on The Bump dedicated to those who are Trying To Conceive After Loss.

Follow her blog here.
Sharing experiences with one another during sad times is extremely difficult when so many friends and family just can't understand your feelings. It's indescribable how much pain I was in as I wrote that initial blog entry and I wasn't sure who was going to reach out and post a comment but I was relieved in a way to see her post. To find that there was this girl going through the exact same emotions as I was and that it barely took a few words to describe exactly what I was feeling before she'd immediately responded with "I KNOW" and go on to further describe my own emotions better than I could myself.

I started to follow her blog, and in a one thing lead to another kind of elevation of communication - we found ourselves constantly chatting back and forth on gchat, texting, emailing, calling, and even video chatting!

Of course through the process of talking we constantly were saying that we needed hugs and we wished the other was close by to give the in real life support that we so desperately needed and we discussed actually meeting in person! Well - it happened.

This last weekend I spent the weekend in New Jersey/New York.

When we finally saw each other for the first time it was just like


And then the rest of the weekend was a blur! We traveled DTS (that's Down To Shore, meaning THE shore, the JERSEY SHORE... not Down To Snuggle. I was about 50% disappointed that's not what that meant hehe)

It was one of the most incredible experiences. Talking to her was like talking to a friend I've known for years. She still understands me in a way that no one else does. Now I feel a real strong friendship and connection to her and our discussions aren't purely about loss and our emotions. We are both strong for one another when we need it, but can laugh with one another when we need that too.

----------
Life is extremely unfair. It can change at the drop of a hat. While both of us went through something traumatic on our own it was wonderful having her so close to me and realizing that the pain shifts and you ride a roller coaster of good days/bad days... good hours/bad hours...

In a perfect world she and I would have met some other way - perhaps on the 1st Tri boards on The Bump. We would have gone through wonderful, healthy pregnancies and maybe one day met in real life in this perfect world. But since this world isn't perfect and we found each other anyways I have to say that it was the silver lining that this tragedy brought me. A new best friend. One that I can't stop talking to! Who I hope gets her BFP the same month I get mine and our children grow up together, even in different parts of the country.

Thanks for being so amazing, girl. I really miss you so much!

1 comment:

  1. No better words could have described our weekend, or the friendship we found!
    I'm grateful every day that we have each other - and I'm already anxious and looking forward to the next time we can get together!!

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.