Friday, November 16, 2012

6 Weeks!

This is sitting on my bathroom counter. Right now, I have this array of wondfo HPT's just hanging out on my counter in my bathroom. This is why no one is allowed in my bathroom.
Fading from light pink to DARK PURPLE?

Now the HPT shows the test line before the control line! Like big time. It's such a great feeling having that visual of the lines slowly getting darker and darker.

But I think I'm basically putting away the pee sticks for now. I still have a small handful of wondfos, 1 FRER and 3 digi's that I'm going to keep handy for a panic moment and I need to see a line. Or if I need to see the word "pregnant" on the digi.

At this point though, I'm still scared about this pregnancy. Wondering whether or not it's all going to work out and whether or not it's ok to get myself and others excited. I am nervous about my first ultrasound. I am more hopeful that things will be ok than that I'll have a repeat worst day ever, but I still am scared. What if they don't see anything, what if it's a blighted ovum? What if there's no heartbeat but they should see it by now?

I'm telling my side of the family next week about the news. And I'm terrified. Maybe I'm especially terrified that something will go wrong at the appointment and I'll have to do a repeat D&C or something while my entire family is supposed to be staying at my house for Thanksmas (yeah, that's what I'm calling it now STFU).

But since today I'm pregnant and I love my baby I'm going to focus on the good. And do another little Q&A.

  1. How far along?: 6 Weeks
  2. How big is baby?: Sweet Pea... or 0.25"!
  3. Weight gain?: Not really, if anything maybe a little bit of loss? I haven't been weighing myself regularly yet though.
  4. Stretch marks?: Nope, nothing growing visably enough to see now!
  5. Maternity clothes?: Ummm don't judge me but I'm stalking ebay for some cute maternity shirts and stuff... and I may have already bid on something.
  6. Best moment last week?: Getting my beta's drawn and knowing that they're doubling!
  7. Food cravings?: The weirdest thing I've had a craving for is communion from church. Yeah. But it was super fleeting and I didn't satisfy that craving.
  8. Symptoms?: Exhaustion at times is about it. Today I'm feeling pretty good.
  9. Exercise?: Walking around campus and going to the gym to do light cardio.
  10. What I miss?: Beer and baths. Not at the same time.
  11. What I'm looking forward to?: My ultrasound next week!
  12. Different this time: Well I'm not naive as I once was. So this pregnancy is a lot different because I'm much more scared!
I'm embarrased to even share this. But here's me at 6 weeks. 
I cropped out the toilet from my self mirror pic. I promise going forward they'll be better!
I'm not saying I have a bump AT ALL in this photo. Any shapeliness is there from a previously existing condition called nomnomnom.

2 comments:

  1. oh the nomnomnom condition, yea I have that from time to time... lol and a communion craving?! weirdo. =) YAY for SIX WEEKS!!!

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.