Gosh, it could be the hormones, or it could be how amazing it felt when she told me... but I have been both tearing up and screaming with joy all day.
I had to go on a road trip this morning for work. ROAD TRIP with PhD's. It's not really that crazy. We talked about the trip/meeting that we were about to attend... I was driving so luckily I didn't have much of a reason to talk I could just concentrate on the road.
Cell phone cues text message alert
I get a text from Kate, I can see it's from her. Oh my goodness, I know she knows I'm out of the office, and I know she's thinking about waiting to test until tomorrow. What if she tested today, what if it was positive!??!?! What if she's just talking about something that has to do with work or something else going on in her day.
I am not going to check that text for 2 major reasons:
1. obviously because I'm driving in a company car with 2 other people from work, I just don't need to read that text message, it's not worth it (something I should keep in mind when getting text messages when I'm alone in my car)
2. If it's because she's pregnant, I am not going to be in any condition to keep driving without screaming for joy!!!!
So we make a little pit stop into the bathroom at McDonalds, some... a full HOUR after getting the initial text.
| I didn't want to ask her outright if she was pregnant... I needed to make her say it! |
I don't think I've ever texted so much excitement in such a short amount of time. I think Kate's ears must be bleeding because surely she's got to be annoyed by my SQUEEEEEEE's by now!
Thank you so much for sharing in your moment with me, Kate. I really could not be happier for you right now!
=) We get to share all this TOGETHER now... SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!
ReplyDelete