Wednesday, November 7, 2012

UPDATE: PgAL Anxiety

I've had this post in my head the past few days but I just kept hoping this feeling would pass. I'm really anxious. Not in the kid waiting for Christmas morning anxious - but the I'm doomed to have another miscarriage anxious.

I feel so ungrateful that I'm pregnant when I know that there are so many that follow my blog that are still trying and yet I feel this way.

What has happened:
  • I have POAS every day since my BFP just to make sure it's still getting darker
  • I keep taking my temperature every morning just to make sure it hasn't gone down... and since I'm sick with a cold right now I suspect I'm doing a lot of mouth breathing which causes me to panic when my temperature is far lower than it was the day before.
  • I wake up every night between 1-3am. This itself isn't new for me, I usually get up to pee in the middle of the night, but now I can't go back to sleep. Last night I was up for about 2 hours.
  • I have had nightmares - over and over again (like 2+ in the same night) that I go to the bathroom and I see blood in the toilet.
So what am I doing:
  • I'm being my own advocate with my doctor, I asked that I get a quantitative HCG test when I first found out I was pregnant but they refused saying that a urine test was enough. So I emailed them this morning saying that I'm anxious and this would put my mind at ease... we'll see how that goes.
  • I called a counselor this morning. I decided I wanted to see a different one than I saw post-loss because she kind of rubbed me the wrong way. So the call has been placed, I explained my situation (tearfully on the phone to the receptionist I might add) and now I wait to see what they say about getting me in for an appointment.
  • Blogging about this anxiety... getting it out there I guess. It's therapeutic in a way.
I know for the most part my followers aren't PgAL which is why I feel kind of like I want to start yet another blog with people that are also in a similar situation, however I feel like the story needs to keep going on with this blog. I still remind myself that "Today I am pregnant and I love my baby" and that does calm me down some.

I can't wait to get symptoms that confirm that I am still pregnant - nausea: bring it on, sore boobs: make me suffer! Seriously bring it on, I'm ready to handle it.

UPDATE: I may have to fire my PCP (primary care physician, not the drug). I sent a message first thing this morning, called at 10:30am and have since been ignored. I called the OBGYN who did my D&C (yes, going around my PCP) and they made it seem like it would be no big deal to order these tests. I basically said everything the exact same way to each receptionist but the OBGYN one seemed sympathetic and understanding whereas my PCP really couldn't have given a crap either way.

Also, I left work early today because I'm sick. I do NOT like being sick. I get bratty.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think that I could accept no for an answer when asking for an HCG test. These doctors work for us and are paid nicely for it. That really burns me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about asking again for the betas. That had helped me a bit. I really hope they say yes, if not try another Dr or independent lab. Also Google places that do elective ultrasounds in case your Dr won't do as many as you think you'd feel comfortable with. Thinking of you always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw your update. I'm glad your OB is going to do the test! I only ever talk to my OB, my PCP doesn't even know I'm pregnant. Are you going to the PCP for your check ups and stuff or the OB?

      Delete
  3. Thinking of you~I know all to well that feeling of anxiety and it's awful! I agree with the ladies above either they drawl your blood or you find a new Doctor!! That is crazy to me that they would refuse?! Sending all my positive thinking vibes to you today! and praying you puke soon :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily I don't have to deal with my PCP for pregnancy related things, but my OB told me after my last loss, to call as soon as I get a BFP and they will order blood tests. I'm glad you went around your PCP, I would definitely be looking for a new one if I was you.

    http://ineversaiditwouldbeeasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.