Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Light and Dark

I feel like I should celebrate positivity with a positive post. For the most part I have been really much more positive about this pregnancy especially after passing my loss milestone.

A little review of the past few days... I haven't told you guys something...

I've heard baby's heartbeat on the doppler! MANY TIMES!!! Last night was the 3rd time I've tried doing the doppler and I found the heartbeat right away and it's pounding away at 180 bpm. I've got a fighter in there! And it's great knowing that our little one is doing fine at that exact moment. SWOOSH*SWOOSH*SWOOSH it's a beautiful sound.

Although when I first tried LAST WEEK it took me a little longer to find the heartbeat. Long story short, I was looking way lower than I should have been looking and yeah - I almost cried when I couldn't find the heartbeat when I watched video after video of "look - there's my baby's heartbeat!" and couldn't find my own.

So I have THAT going for me... PLUS I have a prenatal appointment on Friday afternoon! This is the blood draw/pelvic exam one that I've forced my husband to come along with me too because this is the equivalent to The Appointment I had last time when I found out everything had taken a turn for the worst and I was all alone.

AND I have my NT scan scheduled for January 3rd in the morning! So I get to see my baby again in just a few short weeks!

I feel so thankful to have this pregnancy and to have access to technology that helps me realize that my baby is doing just fine.

On a sad note - obviously I've been thinking about the shooting on Friday and I haven't been able to get over how horrible it must be for those families dealing with a loss right now. I honestly can't even begin to imagine... having your baby taken away in such a violent manner doesn't even compare to the loss I felt having a missed miscarriage - and believe me I felt like my world was ending that day. My heart goes out to the family and friends of those children and teachers who lost their lives that day.

Read more about the victims here.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on hearing the heartbeat with your doppler!!! That is super exciting. I was thinking about getting one but DH is afraid it will freak me out too much (he may be right).

    The Sandy Hook news is just awful. Honestly, I can't watch very much of it because I get so emotional. It's just so tragic all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about crying when you couldn't find the heartbeat. I cried when you commented on my blog that you found it on Tuesday. I was like well guess that means mine has no heartbeat. Thank God I finally found it. PgAL brain is no joke. Tomorrow is my milestone and if I could skip over tomorrow and get to Thursday, so I am the most pregnant I have ever been, that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats with the heartbeat find! It's such a great sound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. <-- is jealous! I can't wait til I can reliably use the doppler!

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.