Wednesday, December 26, 2012

This is starting to get boring...

... and I mean that in the most awesome way possible! I hope I don't jinx things by the title but I'm just having so many good days regarding this pregnancy now that I'm passed my loss milestone. I'm feeling way more positive than I think I ever thought I could about this baby.

On my appointment on Friday, which was the fun pelvic exam and drawing of blood... my midwife told me that they're going to change my due date to how far along I was in the last u/s that I had. Which means that I'm actually 12 weeks today and changes my EDD to July 10, 2013. Hey, earlier baby=happy weaslewam!

I had a mild PgAL freakout moment yesterday when I was at the in-laws for xmas... I was so paranoid that something was wrong all of the sudden that all I could think about was how I wanted to come home and use the doppler and hear my baby's heartbeat. Of course I found the little heartbeat after some frustration in looking and I believe by my calculations it was going about 160 bpm.

But just as a side note/yet obviously relevant. Here's a conversation with my mom that I had nearly 2 weeks ago.

Me: So I bought a doppler so that I can hear the baby's heartbeat from time to time.
Mom: Oh yeah, how much does something like that cost?
Me: It was about $50.
Mom: (Her facial reaction lead me to believe that she would have spit out her drink, t'were she to have been drinking something) Y'OUCH!
Me: (tilting my head with a WTF face) $50 is NOTHING compared to the peace of mind it's provided me.

Photobucket

She then went on to support my decision but I literally could not believe she thought $50 was too much to spend on an at home device that could help me hear the heartbeat! Dude, if she knew half the shit I spend my money on I think I'd be in trouble.

Anywhoo...

This week at work is kind of a joke... at the moment there's literally 2 people in the office, myself included. The reason: I work at a University and the offices are closed. BUT we don't get paid time off, we have to take vacation days if we want the break. I decided that I want to stash up as much vacation time as I can for baby so I couldn't care less about "working" these few days.

I mean seriously... I'm "working" right now. I'm sorry if that's bad but I did do a bunch of work this morning and now I've literally exhausted my list of things to do. So they'll just pay me for a full day's work I guess instead of me taking a vacation day to do so.

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and joined. We are close on our dates- I'm due July 9th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have the same mom! I'm jealous you're due before me now. My date only got moved up one day. Yay for 12 weeks!

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.