Wednesday, July 18, 2012

8 Weeks Post D&C

***BUMMER POST ALERT***
I try to be positive, I really do. And most days I succeed but something has really beaten me down today. Wednesdays are the weekly "anniversary" of my D&C and looking back I can't believe it's been 8 whole weeks. Those 8 weeks feel like an eternity, but also it feels like it was only yesterday at times.

Wednesdays were also my "week change" - you know, where you can officially say you were 8 weeks instead of 7 weeks and 5 days... So with each anniversary of my D&C I do a quick math problem in my head and realize that today I would have been 19 weeks.

The past few Wednesdays have come and gone and I barely even recognized their significance.

Today, after testing with another OPK last night, I see extremely dark lines... and I'm only on CD 9. That really screams to me one thing. PCOS. I could be wrong and I hope I am but I have a family history of PCOS (my sister) and I just want it ruled out. I called the doctor to try and schedule an appointment but they are going to get back to me tomorrow to see if I should schedule it with the gyn who did my D&C or if I should try and get in earlier with another gyn who is available sooner.

I honestly don't care. I just felt like the doc who did the D&C would know my history better seeing as how she was obviously there during the surgery and there the day I found out I lost the baby. I just need to figure out if this is something I need to deal with before trying to get pregnant again going forward.


I totally would dance it out, but you know - I'm at work...
My tried and true method of bringing up my attitude is coffee. MMMMM delicious coffee. You wouldn't ever hurt me would you?

And I'm throwing myself into work for the rest of the day!

1 comment:

  1. Keep me updated on any PCOS results - hoping that you're in the clear for it though!! *squishy HUGS for now until IRL!!

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.