I'll never know what the boys talked about that day...
Sex education in our schools is pretty pathetic, but I'm certainly thankful that "back in my day" we actually had birth control education and we discussed ways to avoid getting pregnant without convincing us that abstinence is the only reliable form of birth control.
![]() |
| Easy there, grandma |
So when we started TTC, or rather when I realized that my sister who has PCOS took over a year (20 months actually) to get pregnant I realized slowly that it's not always THAT easy. Well, bloody hell!
After a quick discussion last night, the hubs and I decided that it's officially go time and we are ready to conceive. It's been over 2 months since the D&C and we both feel ready, obviously I think he was a little more ready than I was because it took very little convincing to try and get him back on the saddle, as it were.
So far here is the list of stuff I do to try and get pregnant... (Stuff I've been doing on an ongoing basis and more recently)
- Taking prenatals (not technically something to help me get pregnant, but taking them helps ensure a healthy pregnancy)
- Acupuncture
- Charting my basal body temperature
- Charting cervical mucous
- Charting cervical position, firmness, and whether it's opened or closed or somewhere in between
- Ovulation ferning tests (look it up, kind of interesting stuff)
- Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor purchased (not used yet because I wasn't sure about this cycle for some reason)
- Taking OPKs
- Drinking Pom juice (thicken up ute!)
- Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility (TCOYF - the charting bible, as they say)
- Talk at length with other TTCAL'ers about their questions, charts, cycles, tests etc
- Honestly, I could probably keep going but I'll stop. Pretty much all you could imagine, I am doing.
- Take a multi vitamin after me "nagging" him to do so for months.
I feel that this is all a little one sided here.
I love how in TCOYF they joke about how the men should share in some of the duties, such as waking up at 6:00 (or your designated time) and put the thermometer in YOUR mouth and record your temperature without you waking up. If only I could get him to do this...
![]() |
| The Toronto Transit Commission also goes by TTC. But I think this rage comic still gets it! (Found when searching images for TTC hehe) |



No comments:
Post a Comment
You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.