I took today off of work to organize the house. It needed it badly! I still had no idea where certain things were packed that I NEEDED (like shorts instead of sweats to play volleyball in the 90+ degree heat last night!) so I unpacked to my heart's content. When it came time to take a break I flipped on Netflix and played a Lucille Ball biopic.
 |
| Comedienne |
I really do love Lucy. I love the name even. Lucille. LOVE IT. I love the classic style and the uniqueness of the name. I know so few people named Lucy in real life. I think my count is up to 2 now that I've met a little neighbor girl who is 5 years old with that name. I guess the name is catching on if the youngens are starting to be named Lucy, eh?
Well - I have fond memories of watching I Love Lucy when I was a kid. It was a show that I could not only tolerate, but actually enjoy watching with my parents who also really enjoyed the show. So I grew up with her. Her humor.
 |
| Classic |
Watching the biopic, I learned that shortly before the show started, Lucille Ball had a miscarriage. They don't touch on the subject much in the movie but for some reason it makes me love her even more. Her wikipedia (America's most trusted source of facts) page said that she's had "several" miscarriages. Even if it was just one miscarriage or if it were several - it's still a miracle that she was able to act and bring comedy and share her humor with the world without a hint of sadness.
She is just that much more of an inspiration to me today.
------------------------------
This weekend I'm excited to host my niece and nephew! Those kids aren't going to know what fun is until this weekend!
I love Lucy! (I mean - as a name. lol)
ReplyDeletereminds me too of Charlie Brown and the 5cent therapist =)
have fun with the kids this weekend!!!