Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Annoying People In My Life

There's a girl in my office who annoys the crap out of me. Until recently when we all started to basically shun her (really mature, I know) she would talk constantly about her boyfriend and how amaaaaazing he is.

For what it's worth, I don't think that someone in a relationship should set the bar as high as he did when they were dating 7 months and he bought her this:
And we still haven't heard the end of it.
Since they started dating now nearly 8 months ago, I believe he's purchased flowers and had them delivered to her office no less than 5 times. Which, it's like - whatever... fine. If you want to send the girl flowers go right ahead... but there's something about having them delivered to the office (one time with an obnoxious balloon that played "it takes two, baby" or whatever that song is called every time you tapped it) that screams I SWEAR I'M NOT A BAD BOYFRIEND.
Before all the relationship was rainbows and kittens there was an incident. Basically, after dealing with his ex girlfriend being super clingy and obviously having some feelings for him... yet he kept claiming that they were totally platonic... the girl found a video message back and forth between the two of them touching themselves. I've seen pictures of both of these people. Believe me, I am thisclose to gouging my eyes out thinking about it, if I saw what I think my coworker saw, I would have barfed.

But now it's like a showy lovey "baby waby I wuv you" kind of relationship with texts about every 5 minutes or so throughout the day.

What really GRINDS MY GEARS is the fact that their relationship is just so divinely perfect that they've decided they don't NEED birth control. This decision was discussed at length (between the two of them, I'm sure, but also during our lunch hour with my girl coworkers) at about the 3 month mark that if they got pregnant it wouldn't be so bad.

I literally fear that she's going to one day pop out and say "oh btdubs, I'm totes ktfu!"

She doesn't want a baby, she has said this a number of times... yet somehow if they just happen to get pregnant that this will be just fine?

When I was still pg, I pleaded with her to start taking prenatals. I kind of figure since she hasn't gone into what brand she chose and why for 20 minutes - that means she's still not taking any vitamins. Now, I can't even talk to her about pregnancy without the urge to strangle her for being so wreckless in her decisions!

A baby is forever, and if you are "eh, it wouldn't be the worst thing if I got pregnant" then you SHOULDN'T HAVE A BABY!

Some people really piss me off.

2 comments:

  1. so totes. and i LOVE the last pic - how did you secretly snap a pic of me, from Iowa!, last month when coworker said stupidly "eh I'm pregnant, we'll just have to DEAL" ??

    (also - I will send a thousand-mile swift facial high-five if the gag-me/STD-embracing-coworker of yours gets KUed soon...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I would be so mad and frustrated at her as well. I will hope and pray that she never gets KU and they split up soon. But then again, you will have to listen to her whine and complain about how heartbroken she is. Maybe she'll quit?

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.