Thursday, July 5, 2012

Seeing Things Differently

I'm much more sensitive to graphic or violent material lately. I'm much more sensitive in general but I think that violence and scary images are really getting to me and I need to keep that in mind when I watch certain programming going forward.

This past week our free cable was shut off. Living in a college town really has it's benefits and many apartment complexes offer amenities such as free cable to entice you into living in their apartments. I don't know the exact circumstances that lead to our landlord shutting off the cable but I'm sure it had something to do with money. Fine by me since I wasn't watching live programming anyways. But because of that DH has been more willing to watch something on Netflix instead of watching sports!

YEAH FOR WEASLEWAM!

So we've been re-watching Lost. After the series finale we both were really turned off to the program... just annoyed with how it ended but we were both big fans while it was still running.

There's a scene in season 4 where (spoiler alert) Alex, Ben's daughter, is brought out as a hostage and shot in front of Ben. Of course this was disturbing when I saw it probably 2-3 years ago for the first time, but re-watching it again... well I couldn't actually watch it. I could identify more with Ben this time around... what he must have been thinking/feeling.

Life is just so fragile.

Another scene that I saw, but won't even come close to describing... was a death in the movie Red State. The scene was just so disturbing that I couldn't watch the rest of the movie. It scared me and bothered me as much as the movie The Strangers did - that movie honestly haunted me for weeks. I had to read the online plot summary of Red State before deciding for sure I wasn't going to watch the rest of the movie.

---------------------------------

Current Events: Well, I've seen 3 days of positive OPK's... I don't know what to think about that. I'm hoping that by charting I'll be able to see a thermal shift indicating that I've ovulated. Of course right now I'm feeling nervous that things aren't right. My fear has been for a while that I have PCOS due to my irregular periods. I was kind of cleared of that diagnosis at my first ultrasound. The tech looked at my ovaries and she said that she didn't see any cysts that weren't supposed to be there. (Just the one on my left ovary indicating that's where I probably ovulated)

The past few days, the hubs and I have abstained. Of course we COULD use condoms but honestly what is the fun in that? I'm not 12 anymore (I jest... I did NOT lose the v-card at 12 years old, but when I did you can bet your booty that I insisted on using condoms when I did - THANK YOU SEX EDUCATION).

Since we are TTA this month I don't have the BFN to be disappointed by... it's to be expected this month. In just a few weeks I'm going to be spending a long weekend in New Jersey with my new friend and author of The Buggy List! One of things I could label as "the best part of this" is that it gives me something to look forward to while we're TTA. And it got me thinking that I could come up with my own buggy list of things that I should do if I get AF when I don't want to see her anymore... something to look forward to in case I get the BFN (which, in my opinion actually means a big fucking negative) when we start TTC again! Those things can be activities, purchases, or in general something that makes me happy when otherwise I may dwell on the lack of a positive HPT.

This month, I'm obviously looking forward to my New Jersey/New York trip! But next month when we're TTC - if I don't get the BFP I'm going to buy this coffee mug:
A Harry Potter themed coffee mug that changes color when it's in contact with heat!
I've had my eye on it for months now but haven't bought it because I'm trying to limit my coffee intake. *SHRUG* If I'm not pg yet, I solemnly think I deserve a reward. If I am pg then I already HAVE my reward :)


1 comment:

  1. just saying - that was like, the best shout out EVAAAAH!! =P

    The Strangers was an INCREDIBLY disturbing movie - I think we find them so disturbing because they speak of humanity's capabilities, and that freaks me the EFF OUT!

    ReplyDelete

You is kind. You is smart. And you is important.